Sunday, May 29, 2011

Is that an Ear?

Well we really can not go a weekend without having some excitement in our lives. This weekend would not be any different. On Sunday, Daddy, Alexandra and Anthony all worked in the front yard. Alexandra came inside to get me and soon after that Anthony walked in as well. From across the room, I noticed he looked really red, but as he got closer - I noticed something was wrong with his ear. He was hitting and pulling at it, but only when he stood right in front of me did I realize it was actually twice the normal size.

Of course, Mommy panicked and we tried to take him to the emergency clinic. Luckily for us, they would not take him and before we rushed to the ER, we decided to give the Benadryl a few moments to kick in. Within an hour, the ear was starting to go down in swelling and return to a normal color. By the next day, Anthony was back to normal.

This whole episode might have only cost Anthony a few hours of his life, but I think I aged about 5 years from the stress. Parenthood can be highly overrated at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment